1. Where does the train depart from? The train departs from Kingsland Station located at 440 S. Lee St. in downtown Kingsland.
2. Where does the train go?
The train goes to St. Marys and returns to Kingsland. Some special themed trains travel to the midway point between Kingsland and St. Marys.
3. How long is the train ride?
The train ride is usually one hour and a half in duration as it travels to St. Marys and back to Kingsland. Some special themed train rides are an hour and ten minutes in duration and travel to the midway point between Kingsland and St. Marys.
4. Are there restrooms on the train?
The climate-controlled rail cars offer airplane style restrooms. The open-air cars do not offer restroom facilities. We recommend you “GO” before you go!
5. May I bring pets on the train?
Pets are not allowed on the train for the safety of the pet and the comfort of other passengers.
6. May I bring my own food or drinks on the train?
No. Concessions are available for purchase in the lobby prior to boarding and may be brought onto the train. There may or may not be staff to offer snacks and drinks on the train. Coolers, outside food and beverages are NOT Permitted on the train.
7. Is the train ADA accessible?
Due to the historic nature of our rail cars we are unable to offer ADA accessibility on the longer train rides in the enclosed rail cars. We do offer ADA accessibility on the open-air cars on special themed train rides such as; Wild West Train Ride, Survivors Train, Operation Save Christmas Train and the Cottontail Special.
8. What time should I arrive at the station on the day of my train ride?
Boarding of the train begins 15-minutes prior to the scheduled departure time. We recommend arriving at least 30-minutes prior to your scheduled departure time to allow for parking, checking in at the ticket counter, purchasing any snacks and libations you may want to take on the train and visiting the restroom facilities. Please don’t be late, we cannot delay the departure of the train. Always remember, people wait on trains, trains do not wait on people!
9. Who needs a ticket to ride the train? Everyone who rides the train must have a valid ticket. Infants age 2 and under ride free in the lap of an adult.
10. Are there any promotional codes available to save money on ticket purchases?
The active promotional codes include an active duty military and veteran discount of 10% with promo code: MILITARY and a First Responder promotional code: 911 – at checkout.
11. When does the train operate?
The train currently operates on 2nd and 4th Saturdays of the month and some special holiday weekends.