Built in November 1979 as a GP15-1 model by the Electro Motive Division of General Motors for the Consolidated Rail Corporation (Conrail) and numbered CR 1641. It spent the majority of its time with Conrail working around Philadelphia, PA. After Conrail was split up between NS and CSXT in 1999, the unit was renumbered CSXT 1547. It carries that same number to this day.
The unit was sold to East Coast Locomotive (EACX) in 2019 and sent to St. Marys, GA for repairs and re-lettering where it would be stored pending sale or lease. From November 2019 to October 2020, it was leased to the South Central Florida Express for use in the sugarcane fields south of Lake Okeechobee. Upon return to St. Marys in October 2020, it has been used as a back up locomotive for St. Marys Railroad.